|Saturday, May 3rd, 2008|
|Wednesday, April 30th, 2008|
|Monday, April 28th, 2008|
|Sunday, April 27th, 2008|
|Adventures in Online Dating, Part V
Took the "Which Godfather Character Are You" test and I'm Michael.
I wanted to be Sonny.
Evidently I am more ruthless than I am sexy.
Though ruthlessness is a kind of sexiness.
And you still have poor communication skills.
Identity crisis, anyone?
|Thursday, April 10th, 2008|
So so pumped about the antiquarian fair on saturday!
I am in serious need of art, what with the whole moving from a place with 6.5' ceilings to a place with 10' ceilings.
Plus I hope to find some good exemplary images for the article I'm revising.
|Wednesday, April 9th, 2008|
A dude with whom I went to college is featured in a Honey Dew Donuts commercial. (his job is nutty, evidently)
A guy at the Sons of Italy gave me a handful of hard candy because "it's always nice to have something to suck on."
Got a rush ticket to see Mike Doughty. Brilliant!
Picked up the backyard composter from the DPW. I am excited. Yes, compost excites me. I don't have a garbage disposal.
|Saturday, April 5th, 2008|
|Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008|
|Adventures in Online Dating, Part II
I'm just not excited by anyone.
Picking up the pieces is taking a very long time.
It causes terrible writer's block-my dissertation is the source of day-to-day stability, so the idea of it not being there is unnerving.
And I'm totally hot.
|Tuesday, March 25th, 2008|
|Saturday, March 15th, 2008|
|Adventures in Online Dating, Part I
Two months into the world of internet dating and I must comment, though there is very little by way of new analysis I can provide. What can I say? People have been idiots throughout history.
1) I am not interested in having a threesome with you and your bi-curious partner. I don't have your extensive medical history. And you have poor communication skills.
2) I'm still madly in love with someone else.
3) Dating ranks up there with snakes, packing, looking for an apartment, and yelling on the list of "things that turn my stomach"
4) I don't know any interesting convenient people. My friends don't know any interesting convenient people.
5) Very few people possess the patience it takes to date somebody writing a dissertation.
6) I haven't rebuilt my mad running skills to the level where I can meet someone via a running club. But I love running.
7) I'm sorry I'm not radical enough for you.
8) I am bitter.
9) I don't have the requisite twenty to thirty hours per week nor the requisite disposable income to devote to the FRANG job search.
10) Yes, yes I AM a fantastic cook.
11) Wow, it's a pain in the ass to get to the Kendall Square.
12) I suck at pool.
13) My staph scars are off-putting.
14) Dating in an election year. Whoo-hoo!
15) I am intimidating. (No I'm not!)
16) Nobody compares with my ex.
17) meetup.com: big gay book clubs are less interesting than they sound and film clubs are in-groupy
18) It is no longer hip to be a vegetarian.
19) Everyone smokes!
20) I can't club alone. This makes me the most sad, as I love dancing but nobody with whom to dance.
|Saturday, March 8th, 2008|
Expect Less. Give More.
I've carried that tile around with me for six years. It's never felt as pertinent as it does right now.
|Wednesday, March 5th, 2008|
Bad things happen in threes. I'm waiting on the third.
|Saturday, February 16th, 2008|
This really is the horrible week that will not end.
Hit rock bottom last night.
Then this morning I though "oh, I'll stop by my old apartment and clean-I need some good karma."
Somehow the chandelier broke. As in fell and hit the dining room table and shattered.
It has to get better.
|Thursday, February 14th, 2008|
|What's the Deal with April 12th?
On the off chance this is one of my rare moments of psychic intuition...
All night long I had nightmares with people saying "your life is going to change forever on April 12th, your life is going to change forever on April 12th," and then screaming and laughing hysterically.
What is happening on April 12th?
I had one thought for what it probably means, but that wouldn't be April 12th, it would be the following week.
Needless to say, I am pretty creeped.
|Monday, February 11th, 2008|
|I've Lost My Life On Paper
In the midst of my moving I have lost my appointment book.
And of course it is the start of a very appointment-heavy week.
So...if in your travels you come across a tiny black agenda embossed with 07/08 with a blue ribbon bookmark and a list of Canadian plays next to time zone map, give a shout.
I've already checked my new apartment, the washing machine, my old apartment, my car, my backback, my man bag, and the pockets of all of my coats.
|Thursday, February 7th, 2008|
Okay. I need to make a tv cozy and am utterly lacking in mad crafty skills. (basically a square fabric thing which which the television can be covered when not in use.)
I don't even own a sewing machine.
|Monday, February 4th, 2008|
according to an online dateability test, I have a stunning personality and am 95% dateable as a man.
|Friday, February 1st, 2008|
|Packing to Move
This morning I can to the SHOCKING realization that more than half of what is in my current attic storage are piles and piles and piles of empty boxes.
So...where is the nearest recycling distribution center for these boxes upon boxes?
There are also three trash bags full of things that need to be run through a shredder.
On the plus side-there is so much less to move!
|Monday, January 14th, 2008|
Well...woke up unnaturally early this morning to get to work in the blizzard. When I got to work I discovered I was the only person there, so I trudged to True Grounds, which was open, and discovered that work is closed due to the storm. But since my car is safely in the garage, there it will stay til midnight.
So...with my bounty of spare immobile time I am revising an article in progress about sexuality, power, and striptease iconography.
Today is one of those days when one keenly feels the dearth of creamy women's thighs in one's life.